Dollar Rent A Car for car hire in the USA with usrentacar
usrentacar.co.uk are proud to work with some of the largest car hire suppliers in the USA and none come much bigger than Dollar Rent A Car.
Dollar Rent A Car History
Dollar Rent A Car was founded in 1965 in Los Angeles, where its executive offices remained until August 1994 when Dollar relocated its world car rental headquarters to Tulsa, Oklahoma.
In August 1990, Dollar was acquired by Chrysler, which made it part of its Pentastar Transportation Group., Inc., along with Thrifty Car Rental and Snappy in Tulsa (Snappy sold in 1994.), and General Rent A Car. General was closed in January 1993, and non-duplicating car rental locations merged with Dollar.
In November 1997, Chrysler Motors Corporation announced that its subsidiary, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, successor by merger, Pentastar Transportation Group, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to offer its common stock. Following divestiture, Chrysler no longer owned any of the DTG common stock. Currently, DTG owns Dollar Rent A Car and Thrifty Car Rental which operate separate car rental business and license independent car rental franchisees to rent vehicles under their brands.
Today, Dollar Rent A Car has more then 260 suburban and on-airport rental car locations at all major airports throughout the United States. Dollar also has more than 400 car rental locations in 26 countries including those in Australia, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America.
The Dollar® car rental network is comprised of both corporate-owned and operated locations and Dollar Rent A Car Licensee operations.
Dollar Rent A Car rates include
- Unlimited Mileage.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which is a combination insurance of both Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Waiver. As long as you adhere to the rental policy of the supplier you will not be held responsible for the cost of replacement or repair to your hire vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) up to $1m Liability Cover. Offers an Uninsured/Underinsured/Hit-and-Run Motorist Protection (UMP) that provides the renter and family members traveling together in the rented vehicle with up to $1,000,000 of non-stacked coverage for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental car, and caused by another driver who has no insurance, minimal insurance, or is a hit-and-run driver.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) up to $1m Liability Cover. All drivers included on the rental agreement will not be held liable for third party claims for bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident.
- Basic Roadside Assistance
- All Taxes and Airport Fees.
Dollar Fun Commercials from the 1990's
Back in the 1990's Dollar Rent A Car ran commercials featuring Leslie Nielson of Naked Gun fame. For those that were fans you'll enjoy these classic adverts!