Thrifty Rent A Car for car hire in the USA with usrentacar
usrentacar.co.uk are proud to work with the largest car hire companies in the USA and none come much larger than Thrifty Rent A Car.
Thrifty Rent A Car History
Dollar was incorporated in 1965, and Thrifty was incorporated in 1950. Thrifty is an indirect subsidiary of the Company, Thrifty, Inc. which was formed in December 1998. Thrifty, Inc. operates Thrifty and Thrifty Car Sales, Inc., the latter which principally franchises used vehicle sales.
In December 2002, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group unveiled a corporate platform that transformed the company from a brand structure to a functional structure. Previously functioning as two separate operating companies (Dollar Rent A Car Systems, Inc. and Thrifty, Inc.), Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group currently operates as a single company while continuing to support and grow both of its two strong brands independently (Dollar Rent A Car and Thrifty Car Rental).
This business model combined functions such as field operations, technology systems, fleet and administrative management. Seamless to customers, this structure allows DTG to avoid costs as well as realize cost savings and operating efficiencies.
Dollar and Thrifty are powerful vehicle rental brands that primarily serve value-conscious travelers. Each operates independently and has its own business approach.
Together, Dollar and Thrifty have operations in over 80 countries throughout the world, including approximately 600 corporate and franchised locations in the United States and Canada as of December 31, 2010.
Thrifty Rent A Car rates include
- Unlimited Mileage.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which is a combination insurance of both Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Waiver. As long as you adhere to the rental policy of the supplier you will not be held responsible for the cost of replacement or repair to your hire vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) up to $1m Liability Cover. Offers an Uninsured/Underinsured/Hit-and-Run Motorist Protection (UMP) that provides the renter and family members traveling together in the rented vehicle with up to $1,000,000 of non-stacked coverage for bodily injury sustained while driving the rental car, and caused by another driver who has no insurance, minimal insurance, or is a hit-and-run driver.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) up to $1m Liability Cover. All drivers included on the rental agreement will not be held liable for third party claims for bodily injury or property damage resulting from an accident.
- Basic Roadside Assistance
- All Taxes and Airport Fees.
Funny commercial for Thrifty Rent A Car
Probably one of the funniest car rental based TV commercials. Check out this gem from Thrifty!